Marketing Career Profile
- Getting fellow Board Members excited to hop on to the social media fast train through the development of the Foundation's communications strategy and road map, defining the communications platforms, coordinating with Board members to collect information to develop the content for the newsletter, press releases, website, invitations and advertising and working with the corresponding editorial calendars. A complete view of the results here...
- Responsible for leading efforts in the design and implementation of company’s operations and marketing strategic plans for corporate and affiliate brands, resulting in the successful opening of stores in CA and MI. Designed Franchise guidelines and program implementation through branding programs, website development, merchandising, advertising, content development & SEO, and PR programs. Coached a team of 4 in the development of operation and training guidelines for the Green Health Stores brand (MCR Innovations and Packaging, 2012). A complete view of the results here...
About Carolyn Northrup...
Different Perspectives for Unique Marketing Solutions
A strategic thinker with great opportunities to achieve challenging career goals with effective marketing and communications experience. Twenty five years of continuous hard work in successful companies, or on her own, teaching English as a mean of supporting herself through high school and college, have given her a clear insight on what it takes to make things happen while building a career.
Fully Bi-lingual, a US Citizen born and raised in Mexico City have given her the advantage to fully appreciating both cultures at their best, and the openness to understand other cultures as well. A caring and understanding mother, step mother, 'borrowed grandmother' and wife to a retired Senior Chief, she is motivated to live a great life and is enthusiastic on sharing her experience, hoping to help others grow while leading and learning from her peers.
Favorite Career Highlights so far:
Carolyn has held various management leadership positions, working closely in all aspects of strategic planning. Views Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising as areas of service within or external to the company; always keeping the clients needs as her prime directive.
She is fully bilingual and bicultural, offering an extensive experience both in the Hispanic market and in the local market, in the U.S. and abroad. Her expertise provides attributes that can clearly be a benefit for any organization:
- Versatility, by understanding the necessary processes to create a strong impact through diverse marketing and communication tools.
- Adaptability, by collaborating with international companies that have provided a unique perspective on business operations throughout her career.
- Cross Functionality, by working with and for all levels of management and different areas/functions of the companies she has worked for.
- Hands-on-approach, by being capable of working in both, a strategic and a tactical level.
- High Learning Capabilities, continuously being trained to understand company's requirements and translating them into a selling product.
- Multi-tasker, that can identify a set of market opportunities and implement several projects simultaneously.
- Resourcefulness, by looking for new and creative ways to go beyond the organization's resources.
“Carolyn and I worked together at U.S. Financial Management. We collaborated on several human resources/marketing projects. I learned about her strategic planning, leadership skills, organizational talents and her ability to communicate ideas at an executive level. I highly recommend this talented, professional woman. Carolyn is filled with great energy, resourcefulness and creativity”
— Hazzy Pipo, PHR-CA
“I have known Carolyn for almost 10 years in both professional settings and as a board member for a non-profit. Carolyn’s creative thinking, expertise, positive (can-do) attitude and drive as a marketing professional makes it an absolute pleasure to work with her. She continually delivers results, goes above and beyond in providing exceptional support and shows genuine integrity and respect in her social media and communications efforts. Carolyn is enthusiastic, personable and is brilliant in the arena of Public Relations. Her strengths in staying up to date on key issues, pro-actively offering solutions and ideas and being adept at all aspects of marketing make her a valuable contributor to any situation or team.”
— Carole Banka, Ph.D.
What people say about Carolyn:
- Creative, resourceful and fully bilingual (English/Spanish) executive with ample experience in delivering marketing solutions.
- Skilled at creating engagement through outstanding advertising, PR, social media, and digital communications campaigns.
- Experienced in media and vendor negotiations that optimize marketing operation budgets.
- Team leader focused on accountability with ample cross-functional collaborative capabilities. Self-starter and quick learner with a team development and ‘hands-on’ philosophy, emphasizing in problem solving, communication and organization.
- Strategic and tactical approaches that achieve the organization’s revenue generating goals through effective sales campaigns.
- Strong critical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to build the organization’s marketing map.
- Fluent in current technologies and up-to-date on best practices in digital marketing/social media management.
- Ability to establish work priorities, set and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Marketing Strategist, Implementer & Problem Solver ♦ Results-Producing Leadership
"Carolyn is creative and will be successful in the marketing industry by utilizing her skills in graphic arts as well as web-based design."
- Adrianna Chung Boyd